12 Things We Learned Our First Year of Marriage
1. Make time to spend with one another.
2. Be quick to forgive and quicker to forget.
3. Don’t buy into the lie that your first year of marriage has to be rough.
4. Do not repay evil for evil. Do not try to get back at one another. Just Let It Go!
5. A simple compliment goes a long way.
6. “Connect” as much as possible. *Wink, Wink*
7. Silence is not golden. Talk to each other frequently. And remember your spouse can not read your mind.
8. Give your spouse your undivided attention when they are speaking to you.
9. Maintain relationships with family and friends, even though you are now married!
10. Go on vacation, when possible. When not possible, Go anyway!!
11. The closer you get to God, the Closer you will get to one another.
“It’s not just a cliche”
12. Support your spouse. Interested or not? If not, you soon will be.
These are 12 Things we learned our first year of marriage! We had the best year ever! Yes there were a few difficult times in our lives, but our reliance on God and the above mentioned principles made our first year of marriage sweet.
P.S. We are not claiming to know everything about marriage, we clearly do not. But we are claiming to know what worked for us our 1st year of marriage. We are open to sharing with you as we continue our journey of marriage. Thank you for you prayers:)
We will write a blog/vlog, about each of these to go more into detail.
We hope this helps you if you are already married, preparing for marriage or thinking about getting married one day!!
Which one sticks out to you the most???
BTW Please feel free to share our blog with others:)
With Love and Blessings,
Bruce and Rotoya Goodwin